When the chilly winds of fall and winter come knocking, there's nothing quite like a comforting bowl of chicken noodle soup to warm both your body and your soul. And when it comes to enjoying this timeless classic on the go, your trusty LunchBots thermos is the perfect companion.
Whether you're heading to the office, sending your little ones to school, or embarking on a weekend adventure, this hearty and wholesome soup will keep you nourished and satisfied throughout the day
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 large carrots, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, chopped
- Tablespoon minced garlic
- 2 bay leaves
- 3 sprigs fresh thyme or use 1/2 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 lb chicken breast (2 or 3)
- 8 cups chicken stock or broth
- 5 ounces egg noodles
- Salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, finely chopped
- Water or more stock, as needed
- Melt butter in a large pot over medium heat. Add the onions, carrots, and celery. Cook, stirring every few minutes until the vegetables begin to soften; 5 to 6 minutes.
- Stir in the garlic, bay leaves, and thyme. Cook, while stirring the garlic around the pan, for about 1 minute.
- Pour in the chicken stock and bring to a low simmer.
- Submerge the chicken into the soup so that the broth covers them. Bring the soup back to a low simmer, then partially cover the pot with a lid and cook, stirring a few times until the chicken is cooked through; about 20 minutes.
- Transfer the cooked chicken to a plate. Stir the noodles into the soup and cook until done.
- While the noodles cook, shred the chicken into strips or dice into cubes. Slide the chicken back into the pot and then taste the soup for additional seasoning. Adjust with more salt and pepper, as needed. Stir in the parsley and serve.
Tips for serving in our LunchBots Thermos
- Warm your thermos by filling it with boiling water.
- Put the lid on.
- Let it sit for a few minutes then pour out the water.
- Quickly add steaming hot food